- Renovations to the building are well underway, as is the new addition that creates a west entrance to the building from the Plaza.
- Most major tender packages have been issued.
- Interior fittings, mechanical and electrical work on the building continues.
- The project is expected to be completed in December 2013.
Plaza and Parkade
- The parkade structure is 90 percent complete.
- A significant amount of granite was installed on the Plaza in 2012. The remaining granite, planting material and a new water feature will be completed in the summer of 2013.
Plans unveiled for Edmonton's 'new' Federal Building - September 24, 2009
Design consultant chosen for Federal Building renovation– October 3, 2008
Province commits $200 million to redevelop vacant Federal Building– June 18, 2008
Province considers redeveloping Edmonton’s historic Federal Building - October 3, 2007